HPSC stands for Haryana Public service commission that conducts the examination of Haryana Civil Service (HCS) to recruit candidates for various state government services. The position is Haryana civil service for the executive branch, deputy superintendent of police (DSP), Excise and taxation officer, District food and supplies controller, a class tehsildar, Assistant registrar cooperative, traffic manager, assistant employment officer, and many other governmental and renowned post falls under the category of officers.
This time Haryana Government has changed the examination pattern with immediate effect. Now the exam pattern will match as PCS examination paper that consists of HPSC HCS Prelims CSAT paper that is Paper-II. The candidate must secure 33 % of marks in the CSAT to qualify for the paper.
- The conducting body of the HPSC HCS examination is Haryana public service commisiion
- This is the state level – Haryana examination
- HPSC Online HCS conducts once in a year
- The mode of the examination is offline that is written examination will be there
- Exam consist of Prelims, mains and then Interview and Personality test
- Hindi and English will be the language of the examination
- For more details, must visit official website http://hpsc.gov.in/en-us/
Download:-> HPSC Syllabus
Check:-> HPSC Result
Download:-> HPSC Admit Card
Eligibility Criteria for HPSC HCS Examination
The eligibility criteria for this examination will be defined in three parameters that are:
- Educational Qualification-
A candidate must be graduate in any disciple from a recognized university. A candidate who is in their last year of graduation can also appear for examination but the final year mark sheet must be before the HCS closing date. The last date to apply for the examination is just 30 days after the notification is released.
Also Read:- BSF Recruitment 2022
- Age Limit
The minimum age to apply for the examination is 21 years as of 1st January of the exam year and the maximum age is defined as per the category of unreserved candidates.
|Category||Age Relaxation for Upper limit||Maximum Age allowed|
|Class A and B of backward of Haryana only||5 years||47 years|
|SC/ST Category||5 years||47 years|
|Females who are unmarried (including divorced and separated females)||3 years||45 years|
|PH and PwD of Haryana||10 years||50 years|
|PH and PwD (belonging to SC/ST)||15 years||55 years|
Age limit for the post of DSP and their Physical Standards
The minimum age for the post of DSP is 21 years and the maximum age is as per the limit of the unreserved category. The minimum age for an unreserved candidates is 27 years.
- For the male height should 170.18 cm and chest is 33”
- For the female height should be 157.50 cm and chest is not applicable. No chest requirement for them
Also Read:- HSSC Recruitment 2022
Application fees for HPSC HCS examination
|1. Male candidate of general category including Dependent Son of Ex-Serviceman of Haryana. |
2. Male candidates of General Category and all reserved categories of other states
|3. Females dependents of ESM of Haryana and all the females of general |
4. Female candidates of General category and all reserved categories of other States
|5. Male & Female candidates of SC/ BC-A/ BC -B/ ESM categories of Haryana only.||Rs 250/-|
|6. For all PwD i.e. Persons with Disabilities category candidates (with at least 40% disability) of Haryana only||NIL|
The HPSC HCS examination is conducted in three stages is Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview, and personality test.
- In HCS Prelims exam there are 2 papers consist of 100 marks. This is the screening stage.
- In HCS Main exam there are 5 papers consist of 600 marks
- In HCS personality test there will be tested some physical activities consist of 75 marks
- Total marks of the HCS Examination are 675 marks
Also Read:- HSSC Admit Card 2022
Syllabus for the HPSC HCS examination
HPSC HCS Prelim Exams Details
- Prelim exam consist of General studies. There are 100 number of question which carries 80 marks.
- There will be CSAT (Civil services aptitude test) for qualifying candidate only that is of 80 marks
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 in the prelims examination. For each wrong questions the marks will be deducted as per 0.25 from every wrong answers.
Also Read:- HSSC Answer Key 2022
HPSC HCS Main Exam Details
The HPSC HCS exam pattern for the main exam consists of 600 marks. This is the important stage in the whole process. Each paper will be for 3 hours and the candidate have to choose 2 optional subjects from the list of 23 optional subjects. The main exam is a descriptive type which comprises 5 conventional essay type questions-
- Paper I consist of English paper including essay and it is of 100 marks
- Paper II consist of Hindi paper including essay and it is of 100 marks
- Paper III consist of General studies and it is of 100 marks
- Paper IV consist of Optional Subject 1 and it is of 150 marks
- Paper V consist of Optional Subject 2 and it is of 150 marks
- Total marks for the main examination is 600 marks
Also Read:- CISF Recruitment 2022
The personality test is of 75 marks and the eligible candidate called for it. The candidate who scores more marks equal to HCS cut-off marks is called for this personality test. The candidate must score 45 % of marks in the main examination and 33% of marks in English and Hindi to qualify for the exams and be called for a personality test.
Also Read:- HSSC Result 2022
Interview Process For HPSC HCS Exam
The interview is the last stage for the HCS exam and consists of 75 marks.
Important Dates For HPSC Exam
- The HCS notification will be released in date will be announced soon.
- Online application end date is to be announced shortly.
- HCS prelims exam will be in conducted soon.
- HCS main exam will be in January 2022
- HCS main exam result will be announced in April 2022
- HCS Interview will be held in June 2022
- HCS final result will be announced by July 2022
How to Check HPSC HCS Recruitment 2022?
To download the HPSC HCS timetable visit one should visit official websites http://hpsc.gov.in/en-us/ and click under notification and recruitment head. There you can see the details of the examination and timetable.